Thursday, December 3, 2015

Swedish Meatballs in Gravy with Noodles Prepared in a Crock Pot

This week's blog post was contributed by Michele of malves1009. She is sharing her mom's recipe for Swedish Meatballs.


"With the colder weather coming, we look for comfort food. My mom used to make this and it sure was a treat.   It would make the house smell so yummy.  I make this for my family now. I hope you enjoy it."
 

Here are the ingredients needed to make this awesome dish:
 

 
 



Meatballs
 
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
 
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
 
1 teaspoon minced garlic
 
1/4 tsp nutmeg 
 
1/3 cup parsley
 
salt/pepper to your liking
 
1/2 cup milk
 
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
 
3/4 pound lean ground beef
 
1/2 pound lean ground turkey; you can use pork instead.
 
1 large egg beaten
 
 
**Mix all ingredients and form small meatballs, then set aside.
 
 
Gravy
 
 
1/4 finely chopped onion
 
1 Cup of vegetable or chicken broth
 
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
 
1 1/2 cups of water
 
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
 
1 pkg of brown gravy mix, or McCormick Swedish Meatballs gravy packet.
 
Mix together well in crock pot, then add the meatballs making sure gravy gets over all the meatballs.
 
Cook on low for 6 hours.
 
After 2 hours add 1 tablespoon of flour to thicken gravy (to your liking).
 
1 hour before finished, I add fresh sliced mushrooms  Mix well.
 
 Prepare your noodles on your stove top.
 
Place in serving dish and add the meatballs with gravy. Sprinkle parsley over the meatballs.

 


9 comments :

SendingLoveGallery said...

wow, this looks delicious Michele! I've been checking my fave recipes to make them gluten free for us, and I can see this will be one I can do. McCormick is gf and how the gravy tastes is so important. Thank you!!

jemsbyjb said...

Can't wait to give this a try. I love using the crock pot!

Mollie Ann said...

Mmmmmm ... deeeeleeeesh! My Swedish GGrandfather would be in heaven. No, wait. He already is. Still, I'll try it for my 1/8 Swedish self. :)

Beadsme said...

Oh yummmmmmmmmmm.

Michele said...

Oh this is wanting me to have them again. It also bring me back to the memories on when my mom made them.

Unknown said...

These are my FAV!!!

Jennifer said...

So yummy! I can almost smell them.

Gemstones on My Mind said...

These sound so yummy! I seriously need to try them, I'm in a comfort food state! Thanks Michele!

Cher said...

YUM! Love comfort food, and those look delish, must try... thanks!