Thursday, June 4, 2015

Wild Horses Can’t Keep Me Away

In today's post, JET Team member Judy of jemsbyjbandcompany tells us about a memorable trip to Outer Banks.




One of the most interesting and fun vacations that I have taken, was a trip to the Outer Banks. This part of North Carolina has the most beautiful habitat and ocean views. Our family - of three kids, six grandkids and my better half and I - rented a house on the beach in Corolla, North Carolina (pronounced Caralla). The weather was gorgeous, the seafood awesome and the ocean magnificent!




The high point of the trip was a ride on the beach to see the wild horses. These beautiful animals roam the sand, and drink from the puddles of water scattered about the beach. It seems strange to see a horse on a beach. However, this is the part of the Outer Banks where they are found, and they are a sight to behold.




After letting some of the air out of the tires on the SUV, we bumped and jostled our way out to the remote end of the beach. Sitting in full glory, were the horses just waiting for us. Needless to say, this was a memorable trip that won’t be forgotten. We’d love to travel back to this beautiful place someday!




Judy
Judy of jemsbyjbandcompany

11 comments :

Beadsme said...

I would love to go here for a photography holiday.

Mollie Ann said...

What a wonderful trip! I would love to go there too!

Keystring said...

I would love to do this!

Unknown said...

Lovely!

Val Swanson said...

As a North Carolinian, we are proud of our Outer Banks. There is so much to see - the wild horses, Hatteras lighthouse, Jockeys' Ridge, and the site where the Wright Brothers took their first flight. Another trip is definitely in order for you Judy!

Michele said...

It's on the list on places I want to visit, looks so beautiful and I know a few people who have visited and say they would be back.

Jennifer said...

Wow. What beautiful country!

SendingLoveGallery said...

Thank you for sharing your photos and post! I would love to go there!

Tracy said...

What a trip!

Gambatte said...

I have never been to North Carolina but your post makes me want to go there, especially to see the wild horses! Loved the photos!

Gemstones on My Mind said...

I love the Outer Banks, we're just 2 hours north in Virginia. At one time we had a vacation home cottage there in Kill Devil Hills. It's so much more natural than many other beaches and definitely my favorite. It's a fantastic place to create memories, I'm glad you were able to visit, Judy. Sounds like you had a lovely time!