Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jet of the Day - Milleth of Fully Hooked



 Life Happens
At the beginning of the New Year, my daughter asked me “Mom, so what’s your New Year’s Resolution?” then she went on and on listing her promises of do’s and don’ts, and I lost track after number 10 because I was so preoccupied with actually creating MY own list!
And here’s what I came up with:


Don’t worry, I didn’t provide the wrong file, it’s the right one.  And yes, it’s blank.  Because this year, I decided I don’t need a list after all. Some of us set such high unrealistic resolutions that the moment we fail, even though we feel bad, we shrug it off and say “oh well, try again next year”, then we go through the rest of the year repeating that phrase to ourselves, justifying our shortcomings.  Sound familiar? Yeah. 
Swirl Capiz Earrings
 
I honestly don’t need a list to remind me I’ve wanted to lose a few pounds, or that that dream garden is only a shovel away, or that coveted wholesale account is simply a show away. And I admit, sometimes getting things down on paper is a way to add finality and authority to it, but so is looking at a mirror, or that dirt path at the side of the house or that slow trickling of Etsy sales. Basically, I’m aware of the issue, I’m aware of the solution; there shouldn’t be anything in my way, right?-- In theory, yes, perhaps.
Vintage Lucite Red Teardrop Earrings

Calla Lily Hairclips


But this year, I’m going to let myself BE, because the truth of it is, LIFE HAPPENS.            
*wink
Milleth
Pewter Dove Earring with Yellow Flowers

12 comments :

Erika Price said...

Lovely post, Milleth - totally agree! *wink wink*

Siany said...

life is so short, live your life :)

Michele said...

I'm learning we have to do what makes us happy, life is short!!!

SendingLoveGallery said...

you said it! (and well)
: )

Unknown said...

TRUE and I couldn't agree more!!! Life IS short and this is not a DRESS REHEARSAL!! We don't get another "take" !! Find something you LOVE to do and DO IT on a regular basis... and it is for that reason I follow the advice of a DJ who always signs off with this wisdom !!
Thanks for your inspiring thoughts!!!
Donna

JillreOzmay said...

a-men!

Tracy said...

Wonderful!

Beadsme said...

So true my dear. Every year is the same resolution and throughout the year I try something different to accomplish it.

MadeByTammy said...

So true... Awesome post!

jemsbyjb said...

Totally agree Milleth. Thanks for reminding us to stop and smell those roses.

Unknown said...

Lovely thought!

Unknown said...

Nice blog with nice post.
Original Silver Jewelry