Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Finding Inspiration

What inspires an artist? 
An object? 
 A memory? 
There are, in fact, an infinate number of answers to that question.


photo by Anthropologie


Inspiration can come from an ordinary group of objects around the house.  You could see a color or a shape that triggers something in you to create something wonderful.

by AbacusBeadCreations


“Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion.”
~ Martha Graham






You may have walked outside past the same field a million times and not taken the time to notice how perfect Mother Nature gets it.  Taking the time to listen to nature can bring about endless ideas.




Photo by Mary Ryan


How many times have you been so inspired that you can't wait to get back to your workbench and bring that inspiration to life?


by ArtMadeByTammy



“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
 ~Vincent van Gogh



Inspiration does not need to be so literal.  It can be a feeling that fills you.  Let that energy guide you.


photo by Mary Ryan




by FuchsiaBloomStudio



You may be surprised at what you can create when you let your mind go and allow your heart to take over.


“Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.”

~Karen Ravn


OX~ Mary (Little Brown Bird)



7 comments :

MadeByTammy said...

Fantastic post and so true!
Thank you so much for including my pendant. =)

Tracy said...

Wonderful post!

Michele said...

Great post!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic post!

capitalcitycrafts said...

Thanks for these great thoughts!

Erika Price said...

A beautiful post Mary!

jemsbyjb said...

Enjoyed reading this post.